A great alternative to the usual winter porridge. The baked oatmeal is firm to the touch but still slightly moist. Serve it warm with yoghurt or milk
Pear, dark chocolate and cranberry baked oatmeal
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 500ml (2 cups) rolled oats
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
- seeds from ½ vanilla pod
- 45ml (3 tbsp) brown sugar
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 25g (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- 65g (½ cup) pistachios
- 1 pear, diced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sunflower seeds
- yoghurt, to serve
- fresh fruit salad, to serve
- honey, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm baking dish. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and transfer them to the baking dish. Bake until firm to the touch, about 35 – 40 minutes.
Cut the baked oatmeal into squares and serve warm topped with yoghurt, fresh fruit salad and a drizzle of honey.