Who doesn’t love a good crumble? Buttery, golden topping bursting with juicy fruity flavour inside. This plum and apple crumble is a delightful combination of sweet and tart fruits, perfect when served warm with custard.
Plum and apple crumble
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 x 410g tins of plums, drained
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vanilla extract
- 45ml (3 tbsp) muscovado sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) gin
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 45ml (2 tbsp) pistachio nuts, shelled
- 60g (½ cup) cake flour
- 30g rolled oats
- 50g sugar
- 60ml (¼ cup) butter, cubed
Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease four ramekins.
For the filling, place the fruit in a pot and mix in the vanilla. Sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients and divide between the ramekins.
In a mixing bowl, combine the crumble ingredients well together and arrange over the fruit. Bake until the top is golden and the fruit is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Serve hot with mascarpone, custard or fresh cream.