Prawn and feta bake
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive/avocado oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 jam tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) dried oregano
- 125ml (½ cup) dry white wine
- 1kg cooked and shelled prawns
- 120g feta, crumbled
- 125ml (½ cup) crème fraîche
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- lemon wedges, to serve
- tzatziki, to serve
Heat 45ml (3 tbsp) of the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onions and garlic for a few minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, oregano and wine. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the prawns and continue to cook until the prawns are heated through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
For the topping, mix all the ingredients well together and spread over the prawn mixture.
Cover the dish with foil and bake until the cheese has melted, for about 15 – 20 minutes. Sprinkle withthe extra parsley and serve with the lemon wedges, with a dollop of tzatziki on the side if you so desire.
To drink: For a refreshing drink over a long lunch, try an iced ouzo spritzer with lemon and soda, spiked with fresh mint.