TO DRINK: A light, bright, earthy pinot noir or grenache.
Prune, almond and rosemary-stuffed chicken with honey-orange glaze
- 250ml (1 cup) prunes, pitted and roughly chopped
- 100g (1 cup) flaked almonds
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 8 – 10 chicken pieces, skin on
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 80ml (? cup) honey
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 125ml (½ cup) orange juice
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Mix together the prunes, almonds, rosemary, garlic and onion together. Stuff this mixture under the skin of the chicken pieces and season well. Place in an oven tray and roast until golden and cooked, about 30 minutes.
Heat the honey, butter and orange juice in a saucepan and simmer until reduced and slightly thickened.
Serve the chicken with the honey glaze drizzled over.