Quick mushroom, Parmesan and rocket bruschetta
- 8 – 10 thin slices of olive ciabatta
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 10g (1 tbsp) butter
- 350g mushrooms (button, brown, oyster, portabellini), roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried chilli flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan, grated, to serve
- fresh rocket, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the sliced bread on a baking tray and bake until crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the butter and, when melted and foaming, add the mushrooms. Fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and chilli and fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Season.
Spoon the mushrooms onto the toasted bread just before serving.
Top with grated Parmesan and fresh rocket.
For extra indulgence add 45 – 60ml (3 – 4 tbsp) of fresh cream and a sprinkling of chopped fresh rosemary to the mushrooms while frying.