- 300ml good-quality vegetable stock
- 120g (½ cup) quinoa
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive/avocado oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 aubergines, finely diced
- 1 small yellow or red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ready-made pesto (optional)
- 50g feta, finely diced
- 6 mini coloured peppers, halved and seeded
Heat the stock in a pot and cook the quinoa until the stock is absorbed, about 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic, onion, aubergine and diced pepper for about 5 minutes. Stir into the quinoa and season. Allow to cool before stirring in the parsley, mint, pesto and feta. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Fill the mini peppers with the quinoa mixture, place on a baking tray and drizzle with the extra oil. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Serve garnished with the extra parsley.