Quinoa with beetroot and plums
- 3 plums, stoned and quartered
- olive/avocado oil, for drizzling
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250g quinoa
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 200g baby beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh mint, roughly chopped
- fresh mint leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the plums on a baking tray and drizzle with a little oil. Season and roast until soft with crispy edges, about 10 – 15 minutes.
Wash and drain the quinoa in a sieve to remove any residue. Place in a large saucepan and pour over the stock. Bring to a boil and add the beetroot. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until soft, about 20 minutes. Cover and leave to standfor 5 minutes, then fluff up with a fork. Add a little oil and season.
Mix the herbs into the warm quinoa and serve with the roasted plums, garnished with the mint leaves.