Radish, chargrilled corn and bacon soup
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed + extra, to brush on toasted baguette
- 5ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 200g bacon, cubed
- 500g radish, cubed + extra, sliced, to garnish
- 2 x 410g tins corn kernels, drained
- 1L vegetable stock
- 2 corn on the cobs, blanched and chargrilled
- Small handful fresh coriander,chopped + extra, to garnish
- Crispy bacon strips, to serve
- Baguette, sliced diagonally and toasted, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, add the onion and fry, 3 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika and bacon and continue frying, 5 minutes. Add the radish, corn kernels and vegetable stock. Reduce the heat, cover with lid and simmer until the veggies are cooked through, 15 – 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, add the coriander and blend until almost smooth. Garnish with chargrilled corn kernels, coriander, sliced radish, crispy bacon and toasted baguette.