Indulge in a symphony of flavours with our Radish, Chargrilled Corn and Bacon Soup. Sautéed onions, garlic, and paprika complement the smoky bacon, while radish and corn dance in vegetable stock. Simmered to perfection, this velvety soup is crowned with charred corn, crispy bacon, and a medley of garnishes.
Radish, chargrilled corn and bacon soup
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed + extra, to brush on toasted baguette
- 5ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 200g bacon, cubed
- 500g radish, cubed + extra, sliced, to garnish
- 2 x 410g tins corn kernels, drained
- 1L vegetable stock
- 2 corn on the cobs, blanched and chargrilled
- Small handful fresh coriander,chopped + extra, to garnish
- Crispy bacon strips, to serve
- Baguette, sliced diagonally and toasted, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, add the onion and fry, 3 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika and bacon and continue frying, 5 minutes. Add the radish, corn kernels and vegetable stock. Reduce the heat, cover with lid and simmer until the veggies are cooked through, 15 – 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, add the coriander and blend until almost smooth. Garnish with chargrilled corn kernels, coriander, sliced radish, crispy bacon and toasted baguette.
Made these tasty Fruit pastries recipe? Tag us @foodandhomesa #CookingWithFH on Instagram!
ALSO SEE: Mushroom stroganoff soup