Red sumac salad takes the gorgeous ground red berries of the sumac bush, which are ground into a coarse powder, as a key contributor of spice in this colourful salad. Tangy and earthy, this dish is a delicious side that is just as tasty as it is beautiful.
Red sumac salad
- 3 raw beetroots, shaved
- 3 red peppers, roasted
- 100g radicchio, rinsed
- 12 red radishes, washed
- 1 head of cauliflower, lightly steamed
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 1 pomegranate, cut into wedges
- salt and freshly ground blackpepper, to taste
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sumac
- olive oil, to serve
- aged balsamic vinegar, to serve
Arrange the vegetables and fruit on a large platter. Season and dress with the sumac, olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar.