Reef-style squid ink garganelli
- 1 quantity squid ink pasta dough
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 x 410g tins chopped tomatoes
- 200ml dry white wine
- 300g mussels
- 200g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 200g calamari
- 200g squid heads
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley,
- finely chopped + extra, to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Make the pasta as per the recipe. Divide the dough into four equal portions. Take one portion, keeping the remaining portions of dough covered with plastic wrap to prevent them drying out. Set the pasta machine on the widest setting. Feed the dough through the machine several times, from the widest to the narrowest setting, to obtain a long thin pasta sheet. Set aside on a lightly floured work surface and repeat with the remaining dough.
Use a 4cm square pastry cutter to cut the pasta sheet into squares. Pick up a square and roll the pasta around a pencil over the teeth of a lightly floured gnocchi board. Push down to seal and slide the pencil out. Lay the garganelli on a floured tea towel and continue until the dough is finished.