Roasted baby chickens stuffed with camembert and sage is the perfect dinner idea. Invite over some loved ones, open a bottle of your favourite wine and celebrate love and good food! TO DRINK: Leopard’s Leap The Lookout Cape Mountain White.
Roasted baby chickens stuffed with camembert and sage
- 4 slices of white bread, crusts removed and roughly chopped
- 125ml fresh cream
- 125g Camembert, sliced into pieces
- a handful of sage
- freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 free-range baby chickens
- 50ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 60ml sage leaves
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- a handful of pickling onions, peeled and quartered
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing together.
Lift the breast skin of each baby chicken and stuff as much of the stuffing as possible in the natural pocket under the skin. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the olive oil, garlic and sage together. Place the chickens and the onion in a roasting dish and drizzle the olive oil mixture over. Roast in the oven until the juice runs clear when you prick the thickest part of the chicken thigh with a fork, about 45 – 60 minutes.