Roasted vegetables and fennel with rocket pesto
- 350g butternut, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 6 baby marrows, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
- 2 aubergines, cut into chunks
- 3 fennel stalks, cut into chunks
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125g fresh rocket, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g Parmesan, freshly grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 80ml (1/2 cup) olive/avocado oil
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Spread all the vegetables on a baking tray, drizzle with the oil and season well. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 15 – 20 minutes.
To make the pesto, place the rocket, garlic, walnuts and Parmesan in a food processor and season. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Gradually pour in the oil, blending contionuously until well combined. Place the pesto in a sterilised jar, pour a little extra oil over the top and seal. Refrigerate until ready to use. (The pesto will keep for up to a month in a well-sealed jar in the fridge.)
Serve the vegetables hot, drizzled with the pesto.