These easy Salmon fishcakes with creamy Tzatziki sauce are packed with flavour from garlic, coriander, and lots of dried (or fresh!) dill. Moist and tender on the inside, and super crispy on the outside, these fishcakes are guaranteed to satisfy your tastebuds, leaving you craving for me!
Salmon fishcakes with creamy tzatziki
- 2 x 150g fresh salmon fillets
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- sea salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 1 small potato, boiled, peeled
- and grated
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
- a small handful of fresh coriander,
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- 250ml (1 cup) Greek yoghurt
- ½ small cucumber, grated and squeezed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- cucumber, julienned, to serve
Place the salmon fillets in a non-stick pan, cover with water and season. Bring to a simmer and cook until just ready, about 8 minutes.
Remove from the cooking liquid and flake into a large bowl.
Add the potato, dill, coriander, lime juice, chilli and garlic, and season. Mix well and shape into fishcakes. Cover
with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes to chill.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and fry the fishcakes in batches until golden, 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
For the tzatziki, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and season. Serve with the warm fishcakes and cucumber.
Made this delicious Salmon fishcakes with creamy tzatziki recipe? Tag us @foodandhomesa #CookingWithFH on Instagram
ALSO SEE: Salmon fishcakes with minted mushy peas
Feature Image: Supplied