What’s better than Chinese takeaways? Homemade Sichuan beef, tat soy and cashew stir-fry, of course! This delicious dish is loaded with flavour and much healthier than take-out.
Sichuan beef, tat soy and cashew stir-fry
- 30ml coriander seeds
- 30ml Sichuan peppercorns
- 3 garlic cloves
- 400g beef steak, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- peanut oil, for frying
- 5ml sesame oil, for frying
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
- 100g cashew nuts
- 400g dried egg noodles, soaked in boiling water
- 400g tat soy
- 125ml oyster sauce
- fresh coriander and chilli, to garnish
Pound the coriander, Sichuan peppercorns and garlic in a pestle and mortar or blender until it forms a paste. Toss the beef in the paste and season.
Heat a generous amount of peanut oil with the sesame oil in a wok and stir-fry all the remaining ingredients, except for the tat soy, noodles and oyster sauce, until the meat is done to your liking, about 3 – 5 minutes.
Add the noodles, tat soy and oyster sauce and stir-fry until all the ingredients are heated through. Season to taste and serve garnished with coriander and chilli.