Recipe by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Styling by Robyn Timson Moss
Photograph by Roelene Prinsloo
Coleslaw with lemon and orange dressing
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 Pink Lady apples, cored and julienned
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small white cabbage, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, sliced diagonally
- 2 handfuls each fresh mint and coriander leaves
- 45g raisins
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the coleslaw, combine the zest and juice of 1 orange with the remaining coleslaw ingredients in a large bowl. Toss until well mixed. Transfer to a large salad bowl. Set aside.
For the dressing, place the orange juice, along with the remaining ingredients, in a small jug. Mix until well combined.
To serve, drizzle the dressing over the coleslaw, then toss until coated well.
Crockery courtesy of Clementina Ceramics and Rialheim.