TO DRINK: Perdeberg Shiraz, with spice, pepper and sweet red fruit, will complement the sharp flavours.
Sirloin with olives, radishes and mustard dressing
- MUSTARD DRESSING
- 125ml (½ cup) mayonnaise
- 80ml (? cup) wholegrain mustard
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh chives, snipped
- 5ml (1 tsp) capers
- 5ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 4 sirloin steaks (150g – 200g each)
- olive/avocado oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250ml (1 cup) green olives, pitted
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
For the dressing, combine all the ingredients and set aside.
Heat a griddle pan to hot. Brush the steaks with the oil and season. Fry for 4 minutes a side for medium-rare. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
Serve the sliced sirloin drizzled with the dressing and topped with the olives, radishes and basil.