If you’re in desperate need of an updated sandwich, look no further. Sourdough bread with marinated mushrooms, ham and cos lettuce is something new that’s flavourful and very easy to make. So easy, in fact, that you should get the kids to lend a helping hand! Perfect for a light family lunch.
Sourdough bread with marinated mushrooms, ham and cos lettuce
- 60ml (¼ cup) good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 x 20cm sourdough loaves, halved and sliced open
- 12 leaves cos lettuce
- 12 slices Emmenthal
- 12 thin slices cooked ham
- 80ml (1/3 cup) mushrooms marinated in oil
Mix the mayonnaise with the chilli and spread this mixture on the bread. Top with the lettuce, cheese, ham and mushrooms and serve.