Cheers to warm winter evenings…
Recipe by Claire Ferrandi
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Stout hot chocolate
- 340ml stout
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 55g castor sugar
- 50ml strong hot coffee (optional)
- 1 x 80g slab dark/milk chocolate, chopped
- hot frothy milk, to serve cocoa powder, to dust
- chocolate shavings, to garnish (optional)
Place the stout, cream, vanilla, castor sugar and coffee (if using) in a small pot over medium-low heat until the mixture begins to steam. Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate until melted and smooth.
Serve in cups/mugs, topped with hot frothy milk, a dusting of cocoa powder and chocolate shavings, if desired.
ALSO SEE: Amarula-spiked white hot chocolate