Rich and indulgent, but a sure winner.
Three-cheese stuffed potatoes
- 5 – 6 medium potatoes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- Maldon Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g mature Cheddar, grated
- 100g Parmesan, grated + extra 30ml (2 tbsp), to serve
- 100g cream cheese
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh chives, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) dried red chilli flakes
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Wash the potatoes and prick them all over with a fork. Wrap each potato in foil, place on a baking tray and bake until cooked through, about 1 hour.
Remove potatoes from the oven, cool slightly and cut in half. Scoop the flesh from the potato shells, being careful not to pierce the skin. Set the flesh aside to use later.
Place the potato shells on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and return to the 180°C oven for 5 – 10 minutes.
For the filling, combine the potato flesh with the Cheddar, 100g Parmesan, cream cheese, chives, spring onions and chilli flakes in a large bowl. Season and mix well.
Increase the oven temperature to 220°C.
Divide the mixture between the potato shells and sprinkle with the extra Parmesan. Bake until golden and bubbly, 10 – 15 minutes.