This tomato and apple chutney is extremely easy to make. We love serving it with fresh bread and a thick slathering of salty butter.
ALSO TRY: Easy fruit chutney
Tomato and apple chutney
- 500g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 400g apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 200g muscovado sugar
- 150g onion, chopped
- 125g raisins
- ½ a green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground ginger
- salt, to taste
- 125ml (½ cup) cider vinegar
Place all the ingredients in a large pot over medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
Simmer the mixture uncovered until the fruit is tender and the chutney is thickened, about 50 minutes. Allow to cool then transfer to jars and seal.