A touch of the tropics is just so refreshing! Tropical salad with chilled mint syrup is perfect for a breakfast or as a side dish for lunch. Full of citrus-y and sweet fruity goodness, the fresh mint syrup is a perfect dressing to this healthy dish. Your taste-buds will be convinced that you’re on an island paradise!
Tropical salad with chilled mint syrup
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 100g (½ cup) sugar
- grated peel and juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 5cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 small papaya, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 2 guavas, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 granadillas, quartered
- 12 litchis, peeled
- a handful of fresh mint leaves, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil. Add the lime or lemon peel, juice and ginger and boil for 5 – 7 minutes. Add the mint and set aside to cool.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Arrange the fruit on a plate. Drizzle with the lime syrup, scatter over the mint leaves and serve with lime wedges.