These simple sides will add that special something to your festive table.
Wild mushroom and string beans with a lime and sour cream dressing
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive/avocado oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300g wild mushrooms
- 150g string beans, trimmed and blanched
- 125g wild rocket
- 45ml (3 tbsp) pomegranate rubies
- Parmesan, freshly shaved
- SOUR CREAM DRESSING
- 200ml sour cream
- 10ml (2 tsp) lime juice
- 20ml (4 tsp) fresh cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and sauté the garlic and mushrooms for about 10 minutes. Add the beans and heat through.
To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
Toss the mushroom mixture with the rocket and pomegranates and place on a serving dish. Drizzle with the dressing and shavings and serve.mushrooms for about 10 minutes. Add the beans and heat through.