Winter roast chicken with lemon, oregano and crispy Greek potatoes
- 50ml softened butter
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon rind, finely grated
- 15ml (1 tbsp) dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole chicken
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil, for brushing
- lemons, to serve
- fresh sage leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 190°C. Mix the butter, rosemary, lemon rind, oregano, salt and pepper together in a bowl, until well combined.
Place the chicken and potatoes in a roasting pan and brush with the olive oil. Smear the butter and herb mixture all over the chicken and potatoes and season with more salt and pepper.
Roast the chicken until the skin is golden and crispy on top, about 45 minutes, then turn over and roast the other side for another 45 minutes. Turn the potatoes once during cooking.
Serve garnished with lemons and fresh sage leaves.
To drink: Mont Destin Chenin Blanc, with its yellow fruit flavours, or Reyneke Organic Reserve White.