Let’s face it, butter makes everything better. So why not give your cooking an extra special kick with zesty butter? It’s a deliciously savoury condiment that adds an instant flavour boost to steak, chicken or fish. Super quick and easy, with minimal ingredients that give any meal a real kick.
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried red chilli flakes
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, season and mix well.
Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. The butter shouldn’t be rock hard.
Add a dollop to grilled steaks, meat or fish.
Cook's tip: For even more flavour, add a few freshly chopped herbs like coriander, basil or parsley to the soft butter mixture.