Are you going away for the holidays or planning a staycation? We’ve got you covered with a few tips and tricks to keep your precious plants standing tall while you enjoy a well-deserved break.
Planning end-of-year getaways or day activities, is exciting, but for many plant parents the excitement of going away is tinged with worry at the thought of leaving their plants home alone. While some plants can survive a few days without water, a plan must be made for others if you’re planning a longer holiday.
Tips for a short break-away (indoor and potted plants):
- Make sure you water your plants thoroughly before you leave.
- The more light your plant receives, the more water it needs. Consider moving them away from their natural source of light to help them retain water for longer while you’re away.
- Group plants that require the same water quantity so planned irrigation will be more effective, helping them to stay hydrated.
- Consider using the GARDENA Micro-Drip-System to slowly feed water into the soil. The GARDENA Medium Micro-Drip-System includes a water control so this process can be automated.
Tips for a longer holiday (indoor, potted and garden plants):
Asking a neighbour or friend to pop in while you’re away is the good old-fashioned way of doing things but not everyone has this option. Instead, consider an automatic watering solution such as the options listed below:
- The GARDENA AquaBloom is a solar-powered set that can take care of up to 20 plants. It comes with 14 pre-set watering programmes guaranteeing even water distribution. Ideal for plants on the balcony, this innovative watering solution requires nothing more than an additional bucket.
- Whether going away or staying at home, every garden needs a programmable water control.
GARDENA’s range of Water Controls are the perfect solution for scheduling your watering requirements. The Water control can be flexibly set to meet different plant irrigation needs. Watering schedules can be set on the detachable control panel, including the start time and watering duration which is displayed on the large LCD screen.
- The GARDENA Blue Tooth timer can be programmed from the comfort of your couch. Now that is smart gardening.
- If you are planning on spending time at home, relaxing in your garden or around the pool, consider the GARDENA ClickUp! range to beautify your surroundings.
- This decorative range has various interchangeable elements can convert your garden experience from bright beautiful flowers to warm evening glows with the SkyBowl and TorchFireplace.
- You can even care for your feathered friends with the BirdFeeder and BirdBath.