Whip this quick and oh-so-easy chicken mayo pâté together when you have friends or family coming over! It is a delicious delight.
Recipe and styling by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Recipe from August 2017 issue
Chicken mayo pâtéPrint Recipe
- 2 mealie cobs, cooked
- 130g rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 330g mayonnaise
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 1 x 250g tub garlic-and-herb
- flavoured smooth cottage cheese, at room temperature
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- 100g mature Cheddar, grated
- 10ml (2 tsp) thyme leaves + extra, to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crackers or toast, to serve
Heat a griddle pan over medium heat and chargrill the mealie cobs. Using tongs, rotate the cobs every few minutes, so as to brown all over or until the corn kernels are chargrilled, about 10 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, use a knife to cut the kernels from the cobs and set aside until needed.
Place all of the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix through until incorporated and the mixture reaches a creamy consistency. Season to taste. Transfer the pâté to jars or bowls and serve with crackers or toast alongside. Scatter over extra thyme leaves to garnish.