Aubergine and mint bruschetta
- 1 baguette or ciabatta, sliced 1cm thick
- 2 aubergines, thinly sliced
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive/avocado oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
Heat a griddle pan to hot. Lightly brush the bread and the aubergines with about 15ml (1 tbsp) of the oil. Toast the bread in the pan until nicely marked on both sides. Remove and set aside. Chargrill the aubergines on both sides in the same pan.
Mix the remaining oil with the vinegar, mint and garlic. Season and toss through the cooked aubergines.
To serve, top each bruschetta with a few slices of aubergine and garnish with the parsley.