We declare this avocado and feta on sourdough toast the best breakfast recipe ever! It’s utterly scrumptious and filling! The perfect way to start your day.
Avocado and feta on sourdough toast
- 12 slices baguette-shaped sourdough, or similar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive/avocado oil, plus extra for serving
- 4 ripe avocados
- 150g feta, cut into crumbly chunks
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Lay the slices of sourdough on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Bake until crispy, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the toast to cool in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
Top the toast with the avocado slices, feta and basil leaves, and drizzle with the extra oil. Season and serve.