Unusually delicious; you can experiment with lots of different sweet toppings.
TO DRINK: Morgenhof Cape Late Bottled Vintage 2001, a young ruby port
Chocolate spread cream cheese and kumquat preserve bruschetta
- 8 ciabatta slices, lightly toasted
- 100g chocolate spread
- 200g smooth cream cheese
- 100g kumquat preserve
- 100g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- honey, to serve
Place the ciabatta on a serving dish and top with the chocolate spread and cream cheese.
Gently place the kumquats on top and drizzle with the kumquat syrup. Sprinkle with the walnuts, drizzle with honey and serve.
Experiment with alternative sweet toppings such as:
• Gorgonzola, toasted pecan nuts and honey.
• Strawberry halves, good quality melted dark chocolate and mint.
• Poached pears, oranges, mascarpone and walnuts.