These meatballs are fantastic served with noodles for more of an Asian inspiration or add to simple curry saces. Try this recipe for curried pork meatballs with zesty noodles.
Curried pork meatballs with zesty noodles
- 300g pork mince
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ready-made Thai green curry paste
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5ml (1 tsp) crushed fresh ginger
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 250g cooked egg noodles
- a small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Ponzu
- 15ml (1 tbsp) soya sauce
- ½ small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) sesame oil
- fresh mint, to serve
- fresh lime wedges, to serve
Mix the meatball ingredients (except the oil) in a large bowl.
Shape into small meatballs and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry in batches until golden and brown, 5 – 6 minutes.
For the noodles, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Serve the curried meatballs with the zesty noodles and plenty of fresh mint and lime wedges.