TO DRINK: Amani Pendana Shiraz 2007, which has opulent harmonies of strawberry, pepper, toasty liquorice and concentrated fruit.
Dolcelatte, fig and olive pasta
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 20ml (4 tsp) white wine
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh cream
- 100g dolcelatte
- 500g fettuccine
- 4 ripe figs, quartered
- handful fresh basil, torn
- 10 oven-dried black olives, to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
Melt the Parma ham in a large frying pan and sauté the shallot for a few minutes. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute.
Add the wine and cook until it evaporates. Add the cream and dolcelatte and stir to combine.
Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente and drain.
Place the pasta in a serving dish and toss through the dolcelatte sauce, together with the figs, basil and olives. Season, sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve hot.