To drink: Well-chilled Douglas Green No. 2 Medium Cream Sherry
Harissa chickpea salad
- 250ml lemon juice
- 10ml garlic, crushed
- 125ml olive oil
- 300g baby marrows, cut into ribbons
- 625ml chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 60ml harissa paste (recipe above)
- 45ml red wine vinegar
- 250ml olive oil
- 30ml paprika
- 10ml cumin seeds, toasted
- 15ml salt
- 125ml lemon juice
- 150g Italian parsley, roughly chopped
Combine the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil and marinate the baby marrow for 3 hours or overnight.
Cook the chickpeas according to the packet instructions and drain.
Toss the baby marrow, the marinade and the chickpeas together. Combine all the ingredients for the dressing, toss through the salad and serve.