Leila’s ultimate cheese muffins
- 280g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 30ml (2 tbsp) castor sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) grated baby marrow, squeezed between your hands to remove excess moisture
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) Cheddar, grated + extra
- 30ml (2 tbsp) dill, chopped
- 190ml (¾ cup) milk
- 125ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 10ml (2 tsp) sea salt flakes
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 12 x 80ml (3/4 cup) muffin pan.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, baby marrow, red pepper, 250ml (1 cup) grated cheese and dill.
Whisk the milk, oil and eggs together in a jug. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Divide the mixture evenly between muffin holes. Sprinkle the tops with sea salt and extra grated Cheddar. Bake until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean, about 12 – 15 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack.