The origin of food is important to us. The lamb is from our farm in the Karoo, where Antonia and Hilmar farm game, sheep and cattle. The animals are as free-range as can be and completely organic
Recipe and styling by Tina Maritz
Photograph by Andrea van der Spuy
Mediterranean leg of lamb
- 500g Greek yoghurt
- handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped + extra, to garnish
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 10ml (2 tsp) smoked paprika
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- peel of 1 lemon
- 1 (about 2,5kg) leg of lamb
Mix together all of the ingredients, except the lamb, in a bowl. Rub the leg of lamb with the marinade to cover all of the meat. Place in a resealable bag and refrigerate to marinate overnight.
When ready to cook, remove from fridge and bring back to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Roast the leg of lamb in its marinade in the oven, about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Serve topped with the sauce and extra coriander to garnish.