The warmth of our continent is reflected in this delicious dish!
North African yoghurt chicken
- 125ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground coriander
- 10ml (2 tsp) cumin seeds
- 1kg chicken thighs
- 300g spinach, sliced
- 250ml (1 cup) thick yoghurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- pomegranate rubies, to serve
- rice or couscous, to serve
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat and sauté the onion for a few minutes. Stir in the garlic and spices, and cook until flavourful, about 3 minutes.
Add the chicken and fry until the chicken is cooked and golden, about 15 minutes.
Stir in the spinach and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add the yoghurt and season. Cover and cook until the yoghurt is heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pomegranate rubies and serve hot with rice or couscous.