Some call them love apples; others, the devil’s fruit… Even if they are simply tomatoes to you, we’ve given them a luscious and delectable makeover and created this yummy salad!
Recipe and styling by Jacques Erasmus
Parma ham and tomato salad with truffled pear dressing
- 2 pears
- 10ml (2 tsp) white wine vinegar
- 5ml (1 tsp) truffle oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf rye bread, cut into thin slices
- 600g assorted tomatoes, cut into slices and quarters
- 100g watercress
- 180g buffalo mozzarella
- 45g caperberries, drained
- 200g Parma ham
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
For the dressing, put the pears through a juicer. Add the vinegar, truffle oil, olive oil and black pepper.
Heat the rye slices in the oven until crisp and allow to cool.
Arrange the rye slices, tomatoes, watercress, mozzarella, caperberries and Parma ham on a large platter, and generously spoon over the dressing.