Rack of lamb with lemon and rosemary crust is a deliciously tender dinner dish. The meat will melt in your mouth, and is perfectly seasoned with the golden breadcrumbs. A lovely meal for entertaining!
Rack of lamb with lemon and rosemary crust
- 150g fresh breadcrumbs
- large handful fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, mint, etc.), roughly chopped + extra, to garnish
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) mustard
- 2 racks lamb cutlets (about 12 chops in total)
White bean mash
- 2 x 400g tins white beans
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- juice of 1 lemon
- handful fresh mint
- 80g Parmesan, grated
- 120ml olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C. For the lamb, mix together the breadcrumbs, herbs, lemon zest and garlic. Spread the mustard over the fatty part of the lamb rack and use this to adhere the breadcrumb mixture to the rack. Place in the oven and cook, 15 – 20 minutes for medium rare (add an extra 5 minutes for well done).
For the white bean mash, place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to a fine purée. Season well to taste.
Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest, covered, 10 minutes. Serve warm with the white bean mash and garnish with fresh herbs.