Try this roasted beetroot, yoghurt, herb and warm pearl barley is a healthy and light side dish that is delicious with grilled fish or chicken.
Roasted beetroot, yoghurt, herb and warm pearl barley
- 2 cups barley
- 5 small beetroots, washed and quartered
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 125ml (½ cup) thick Greek yoghurt
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
Cook the barley according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside to cool slightly.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine the beetroot, 30ml (2 tbsp) of the olive oil and the rosemary. Season well. Roast until tender and sweet, about 30 minutes.
Combine the barley, coriander, lemon juice, yoghurt and remaining olive oil in a large bowl and season well.
Top with the roasted beetroot and Parmesan shavings before serving.