This roasted spiced butternut with Camembert dish brings together the rich sweetness of butternut, aromatic spices, and creamy Camembert, all perfectly roasted for a delicious meal.
Roasted spiced butternut with Camembert
- 2 medium butternut, halved and seeded
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ground cumin
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive/avocado oil, plus extra to serve
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x round Camembert, sliced
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh thyme, leaves only
- 250g tomatoes on the vine
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the butternut halves in a roasting tray. Mix the garlic, cumin and nutmeg together and spread over the butternut. Drizzle with the oil and roast until the butternut is just soft, about 1 hour.
Divide the Camembert between the butternut and top with the thyme.
Place the tomatoes in the same roasting pan and roast until the cheese in the butternut has melted and the tomatoes have just split. Drizzle with the extra oil and serve hot.
Made this recipe? Tag us @foodandhomesa #cookingwithFH on Instagram!
ALSO SEE: Pan Seared Lamb Chops Shisa Nyama