Rustic tomato sauce
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 red pepper, roasted, skinned and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, skinned and cut into strips
- 150g tomatoes, slow roasted or sundried
- salt and crushed black pepper, to taste
- 800ml tomato sauce
- 150g black olives, pitted
- 50ml capers
- 2 anchovies, mashed
- 50ml fresh basil, shredded
- 10ml fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 30ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Heat the olive oil in a heavybottomed pot and add all the vegetables. Season.
Add the tomato sauce, olives, capers, anchovies and herbs. Serve while still hot.