Need a hero dish that is super-tasty and fabulously easy? Try a big bowl of salmon pasta and everybody can tuck in
Salmon, chilli and lemon linguine
- 500g linguine
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive or avocado oil
- 2 – 3 salmon fillets, cut into large chunks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- juice and zest of 2 large lemons
- a large handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- a large handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 100g grated Parmesan, to serve
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, drizzle with oil and set aside.
Heat 30ml (2 tbsp) oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and season the salmon. Sear the salmon for 1 – 2 minutes, remove from the pan and set aside.
While the pasta is still warm, add the remaining oil (you may need an extra 15 – 30ml (1 – 2 tbsp), chilli, lemon juice and zest, and season well.
Add the chopped herbs and Parmesan, and toss. Lightly flake some of the salmon, keeping some pieces intact, and toss lightly.
Serve in a large bowl with extra herbs and Parmesan.
Substitute the salmon for chicken and add caperberries for even more zesty flavour.
TO DRINK: Pair this lemony pasta with a rich and citrusy wine like semillon