Smoky prawns with zesty aïoli
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) smoked paprika
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 large prawns, deveined
- 250ml (1 cup) good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped + extra, to garnish
- chargrilled lemons, to serve
In a large bowl, combine the 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil, paprika, chopped garlic, and zest and juice of 1 lemon and season well to taste. Add the prawns, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate to marinate, 15 – 20 minutes.
Cook the prawns on a hot griddle pan, basting with the marinade as you go. Turn the prawns after 5 minutes and cook until the flesh is cooked through and the shells are pink, 3 – 5 minutes.
For the aïoli, combine the mayonnaise, minced garlic, 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil, zest and juice of ½ lemon and the parsley, and season well to taste.
Serve the prawns garnished with parsley and with a side of zesty aioli and chargrilled lemons for squeezing.