This recipe is so versatile because you can add a variety of your favourite fillings to the mixture. Throwing in some grains also makes it a very satisfying meal all on its own.
- 2tsp. olive oil
- 120 grams kale, trimmed and coarsely torn
- 100 grams mozzarella, torn
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 2 baby marrows, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish
- ⅓ cup chopped dill, plus extra to garnish
- ¾ cup quinoa flakes
- ¾ cup grated parmesan
- 15 eggs, beaten
- 2 green chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds</span
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2½ Tbsp. olive oil
PREHEAT oven to 180°C. Grease a deep 1.5-litre round ovenproof dish. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
DRIZZLE oil over kale and massage to coat. Spread half the kale over the tray. Combine half the mozzarella, remaining kale and the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Season and mix. Transfer mixture to the greased dish and top with remaining mozzarella.
BAKE frittata for 1 hour or until set. Remove and set aside. Bake remaining kale for 5 minutes or until crisp.
PLACE all of the ingredients together in a blender until well combined. There should still be some texture.
TOP frittata with roast kale and green sauce. Sprinkle with extra parsley leaves and dill.
HANDS-ON TIME 25 mins | TOTAL TIME 1 hour 30 mins