- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 400g sweetcorn
- 750ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh coriander, to garnish
Melt the butter and oil in a pot and fry the onion, garlic and celery for 5 minutes.
Add the sweetcorn and allow the flavours to infuse for about 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove the soup from the heat and allow to cool. Pour into a liquidiser or food processor and blend until smooth. Season and serve with the coriander.
To drink: Danie de Wet Limestone Hill Chardonnay 2008, with fresh green apple and delicate citrus aromas.