I grew up LOVING pasta – especially pesto pasta. This is the healthy version. It tastes just as good and won’t leave you feeling bloated.
Tomato and basil zucchini pasta
- 6 zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 200 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400 g tin baby Roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup basil, roughly chopped + small basil leaves to garnish
- Himalayan salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Walnut Pesto
- 4 tbsp ricotta (optional)
- Parmesan shavings (to serve, optional)
Using a vegetable spiraliser, vegetable peeler or knife, shave the zucchini into thin, noodle-like strips. If you want a fettuccine-like pasta, use the vegetable peeler.
Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the garlic and chilli for 1–2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add the tinned tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes, or until slightly reduced.
Add the zucchini to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Stir through the chopped basil and season.
Serve the zucchini pasta topped with the pesto, ricotta, parmesan, if using, and whole basil leaves.