TO DRINK: Rijks Chardonnay 2005: a creamy palate with flavours of vanilla, pine nuts, orange and lemon peel.
Turkish stuffed chicken with orange cream
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 250g blue cheese, crumbled
- 100g Turkish dried apricots, finely chopped
- ORANGE CREAM
- 250ml (1 cup) orange juice
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh cream
- zest of 1 orange
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- TO SERVE
- rice, cooked, to serve
- fresh seasonal vegetables, to serve
Preheat the oven to 150°C.
Using a very sharp knife, slice diagonally into the chicken breasts. Open the breasts out and stuff the pocket with the blue cheese and apricots. Roll closed again and wrap in foil. Place on a baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes.
For the orange cream, place the orange juice in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until reduced, about 15 minutes. Add the cream, zest and stock, return to the boil and continue to simmer until slightly thickened.
Serve the chicken topped with the orange cream, accompanied by rice and vegetables (optional).