The classic meaty buffalo cauliflower tacos gets a healthy and mouthwatering spin.
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos:
- 3 cups cauliflower florets 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp onion powder 1⁄4 cup melted butter 1⁄2 cup spicy sauce
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage, thinly sliced 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, shredded
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped 1 lime, juiced
- 4 tortillas, lightly grilled Mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 mielies, grilled on the flame 6 pepperitos, flame-grilled
- 1⁄4 cup vine tomatoes, sliced
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup yoghurt
Prepare the buffalo cauliflower by preheating the oven to 200°C and line a tray with baking paper. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients with the water.
ADD the cauliflower florets and mix through well. Place on a prepared tray and bake for 20 minutes.
MAKE thesaucebycombiningthe melted butter and spicy sauce of your choice. Once the cauliflower has roasted, Toss through sauce and grill for 10 minutes on high. Set aside until needed and ready to serve.
RED SLAW Combine everything together and allow to sit for a few minutes. The mixture will turn a pinkish colour.
GUACAMOLE Combine everything together in a small bowl.
SERVE the tortillas with lettuce, a generous helping of cauliflower, mealie kernels, the red slaw, guacamole and all the other toppings. Finishing it off with fresh limes and dollops of yoghurt and enjoy!
HANDS-ON TIME 20 min | TOTAL TIME 50 min | SERVES 4 | VEGETARIAN