Indulge in the sweet symphony of nature’s bounty with this delightful English country dessert, Berried Treasure Pudding. This delectable dessert is a celebration of vibrant, ripe berries that burst with flavour by food stylist Natalie Bell. Whether you’re looking to impress your guests at a special gathering or simply craving a luscious treat, this pudding is the perfect choice.
- 50g plus 125g unsalted butter
- 150g plus 125g caster sugar
- 10ml freshly grated ginger
- 250g frozen cranberries
- 125g self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 10ml ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- about 45ml milk (enough to form a dropping consistency)
- crème fraîche or whipped cream flavoured with a little Amaretto, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat at the same time.
2. In a frying pan, melt the 50g butter. Add the 150g caster sugar and stir. Drop in the ginger and cranberries and turn to coat in the syrupy liquid. Set aside while you prepare the batter.
3. Place the 125g unsalted butter, 125g caster sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and eggs into a food processor and combine. Pulse, while you add enough milk to form a dropping consistency.
4. Place the cranberries in the base of a greased cake tin and pour over the batter. Transfer to the heated baking sheet in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
5. Place a plate over the top of the cake tin and invert to remove the pudding from the tin. Serve with crème fraîche or whipped cream flavoured with Amaretto.
ALSO SEE: Peach and raspberry conserve
Recipe by food stylist Natalie Bell.