Lamb chops are always a favourite for supper, although the classic combination of salt and pepper can sometimes get a little repetitive. These delicious five pastes are the perfect flavour updates!
1. Mix 30ml store-bought harissa paste, 10ml olive oil and 15ml chopped fresh mint and rub into the chops. Sear in a frying pan.
2. Rub lamb chops with a mixture of 30ml olive oil, 5ml ground cinnamon, 1 crushed garlic clove and 5ml ground cumin. Leave to marinate for as long as you can (up to 3 hours) and sear in a frying pan.
3. Brush the chops with a mixture of 30ml smooth apricot jam, 5ml fresh minced ginger and a dash of soy sauce then grill.
4. Grill or sear lamb chops, drizzle with tahini sauce made with 30ml tahini paste, 10ml chopped parsley, 1 crushed garlic clove and 15ml freshly squeezed lemon juice. Serve with a salad of sliced tomatoes.
5. Combine 15ml chopped fresh rosemary with 15ml olive oil and 20ml balsamic vinegar. Reduce by half, baste the lamb chops and grill.