Who doesn’t love a delicious crusted schnitzel? Try this herb and parmesan crusted pork schnitzel as part of a quick and easy mid-week meal for the whole family to enjoy!
TO DRINK: A voluptuous, wooded Chenin from Teddy Hall.
Herb and Parmesan crusted pork schnitzel
- 1kg pork schnitzel
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 120g (1 cup) cake flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 240g (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g Parmesan, freshly grated
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh sage, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered, to serve
Flatten the pork between baking paper, pat dry and season.
Place the flour into one bowl, the eggs into another and the Parmesan and herbs into a third.
Dredge each pork portion in the flour, then dip into the egg and lastly press into the Parmesan mixture. Repeat with all the pork schnitzels. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a frying pan and carefully add the schnitzels one at a time, cooking for about 10 minutes on each side and then drain.
Serve hot with the lemon.
Made this recipe? Tag us @foodandhomesa #CookingWithFH on Instagram!